Monday 3 March 2014

My nail varnish collection and storage

Now, I never thought that my little collection of nail varnishes was particularly big until I recently had a sort out. When it covered at least a quarter of my very large desk I started to think that maybe it was slightly excessive. Soon enough my little green wicker box was overflowing and I was forced to find another place to store them. Cue my birthday and I received a Champneys gift box. After 'uming and aahring' of what to put in it I thought it would be a good nail varnish storage.
I decided that putting it on it's side looked much better than if I just had it flat as it looks like a cute little shelving unit. At first I just had them like this without securing them which worked out fine for a couple of days but when I tried to get one out one day I unleashed a varnish avalanche and there was  nothing I could do but stand on my swivel chair (as I store this in my overhead unit things) trying not to fall off whilst being hit by flying nail products. After that, I decided to blutack them down to prevent it from happening again, *fingers crossed*.








Disco ball

Shirley Temple
Mint candy apple
These three varnishes are my favourites. Disco ball by Rimmel is a sparkle top coat type thing which has silver, blue and purple specs (as you can tell I'm soooo good at explaining things!). I like to wear it over purples and blues and if I want mega sparkle I'll do 2-3 coats. My favourite one at the minute is Essie's Mint candy apple. It applies really nicely and the brush is so fat you need like one swipe and you're done! The colour is bright and happy and seems to stay on my nails for at least a week which is amazing! Last but not least is Shirley Temple by Rimmel. It's a shimmery orange colour and is actually what I wore on my nails for my Sixth-Form prom. This is such a good colour to wear in summer as it really sparkles in the sunshine.

I made a video over on my YouTube channel featuring my collection and where abouts it is etc so hop on over and take a gander! Click the link below to go straight there, bye!


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home