Friday 16 October 2015

Pretty Nude Nails



I am having a total nude nails moment at the minute. Normally I'm into super bright colours and used to think nudes were pointless. I mean, why bother painting your nails if you're going to have a boring colour on them? I'm totally the opposite now. I love the 'chic' look they give the nails and it's a bit your nails but better if that makes any sense at all. I think the nude look is very autumnal and a nice look before the craziness of winter and Christmas roll in with the jewel tones and the glitters (although I am very much looking forward to the sparkle!).

The nail varnish that started it all off was the Topshop nail polish in Threadbare. I picked this up in my first year of uni at a student lock in because I fancied a bit of a change but haven't really fallen in love with it until recently. It's a nice nude-y brown that goes on really well in two coats and lasts around four days my nails, which for me is pretty long. I bought the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Almond as a neutral nail polish for work. It's not my favourite formula as I found it quite gloopy and easy to chip but the colour is quite nice. It's a little greyer than Threadbare but makes the nails look quite long. When Tanya Burr originally launched her lip gloss and nail polish range I rushed out to buy one of each. I picked up Penguin Chic because I liked the name but the colour at the time was totally not me. Now however I'm a huge fan. It's a little darker than the other nudes but still really nice. It lasts a decent amount of time on the nails and will be even nicer towards Christmas maybe with a glitter over the top. Last but not least is my most recent nude purchase which is the Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Polish in Pit Stop. It's a similar colour to Almond but slightly more lilac which I quite like. The formula is amazing and dries in an instant and the brush is thick which makes it easy to apply. It also lasts a good amount of time on the nails and is just an all round great polish.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home