Monday 5 October 2015

Autumn Shake Up


Autumn is here, hurrah! I'm a big autumn fan, it's still not as good as winter but it's not far off, and I love the darker, rustier shades that make an appearance at this time of year. I can definitely notice a darker tone in my makeup choices and something which is very unlike me, I'm gravitating towards a dewier base. Normally I'm all for the matte look to combat my oily skin but there's something about dark features and a soft base that I'm really liking. The L'Oreal True Match Foundation is good at making me look nice and dewy without looking like I've been on a five mile run (which let's face it is something I would never do). The shade N1 is perfect for me and gives pretty good coverage. With my new Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, which mattifies but keeps the finish of the foundation, it's a great autumnal base combo.

I've been cracking out the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze recently because I think that it is a perfect autumn colour. It lasts all day all the colour is a shimmery, rusty brown shade, I love it. Burnt orange eyeshadows look great over the top of this but my favourite pairing is with Push Up from the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette which turns into a lovely copper shade when applied on top of the colour tattoo. A bit of a darker brow just does it for me this autumn time. Throughout spring and summer I was leaning more towards a blonder brow but I'm preferring the look of darker features so I use more brown products now. The Sleek Brow Kit in Dark and the Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brow are my go to products at the minute.

As I mentioned in my September Favourites (click here if you want to give that a read), I'm all about darkening up my lip colour. The Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Heather Shimmer is a great dark nude that makes me feel really autumnal. I need to branch out my darker nude collection because now I'm getting a bit braver in that department my collection is a little light. Boots is calling my name!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home