Tuesday 29 September 2015

La Cachette! (Take Six)


I know, I know, back here again but there is a reason! La Cachette recently relaunched with a whole new look in the restaurant and a brand new menu. I was really excited to try some things out and because I work there it meant that I had a long time to decide what to have. The menu is the same sort of thing but there are lots of new additions so I was in my element choosing what to have! So without further ado, let's go!

For starter I went for the scallops in a clam chowder. It was very tasty. The scallops were perfectly cooked and there was just the right amount of it. The clam chowder was very tasty, it had a creamy texture but wasn't too thick so was a nice sauce to go with the scallops. Everything was well seasoned and I don't know what else to say about this dish other than I wouldn't hesitate to have it again.


This is the best main course I've had here, period. So good! It was chicken with gnocchi and a fricassee of peas, which is peas in a creamy sauce. I don't know what it was that made this dish so incredible but the combination of flavours and the way everything was cooked was amazing and I lapped it all up. The chicken was so moist and perfectly cooked and the skin was really crispy which was great for me because I'm a huge fan of chicken skin. Although I'm not the biggest fan of peas, they really worked in this setting and the creamy sauce was a dream. I wasn't expecting the gnocchi to be as good as it was but I think it could have been the star of the show. It was soft and creamy with a lot of herby flavour. Loved it all!


Tarte au citron for dessert and it was very good. Nothing that special but the pastry was delicious and the filling was nice and creamy. Not too much of a lemon-y flavour but that didn't matter too much because it was still coming through. The cassis sorbet was very strong and for me in was a little bit much. The flavours would have been nice together but the cassis just overwhelmed everything on the plate. Still a nice dessert though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home