Friday 2 October 2015

Fleur de Force Beauty: First Impressions



I'm so happy to finally have my hands on these products, eek! As soon as I saw Fleur's video where she talked about the collection I knew I had to try them so I put myself on the email list and waited until it came out. Then on one faithful Thursday, whilst on my way into town, I got the all important email and ordered two products on my phone right there and then. Unfortunately they arrived the day I went back to uni so I've had to wait for them to be posted to uni from home before I could get my hands on them. So without further ado I'll give you my initial thoughts on the products that I bought!

I wanted to get an eyeshadow quad and a lipgloss to try one of each so eyeshadow wise I went for the Cosmic Bronze Palette. At the minute these are shades that I'm loving wearing, especially with winged liner, so I was really excited to try this out. Upon first swatch they are pretty well pigmented but cocoa brown takes the biscuit as one swipe gives a great colour. I've tried a day look and a night look with this and both went really well. The shadows are really easy to apply and all blend really well. The one that I would say I'm most disappointed is Mink Shimmer. When you swatch it, it comes out as this beautiful bronze-y shimmer but at the minute it doesn't translate on the lid. I do find that sometimes eyeshadows like this take a little time to loosen up and for the true colour to transfer so watch this space. At the minute Cocoa Brown is my favourite. It's a warm toned brown that looks great on the outer corner and underneath the eye. Overall this could soon become a favourite palette so watch this space.

Lip gloss wise I went for Starry Starry Night. I wanted to get a colour that I don't already have in my collection and I am definitely lacking in berry tones. This colour is beautiful! It's your typical autumnal shade and I'm literally in love. The smell of the glosses are vanilla and that's lovely when you apply it. It's quite streaky to apply and takes a few coats but that could just be practise. It lasts for a very long time which is great and doesn't feel sticky on the lips at all. Overall I'd love to get even more colours from the range because the pigmentation and formula are really great!

Love the range and will definitely be expanding my collection soon!

L-R: Coconut Cream, Taupe Brown, Mink Shimmer, Cocoa Brown
Starry Starry Night Lip Gloss

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home