Monday 23 May 2016

Top Spring to Summer Products


It's getting to that time of year again. Is it Summer, are we still having a bit of April showers, who knows?! Recently I've been trying to get into the Spring/Summer spirit by going a bit more natural in the face department which is new for me because normally I go all out when I do my makeup, especially on my eyes. Here are my favourite products to transition from the coolness of Spring to the slightly less cool British Summertime.

I was searching for a base that was light and easy to apply but that gave me enough coverage to cover all of my lumps and bumps. I remembered that the Bourjois CC cream was supposed to be quite good so I had a cheeky purchase and I have to say I am very impressed. The coverage is light to medium and it is really good at evening out the skin and covering up redness. I apply this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and use concealer on any areas that need a little bit of extra coverage, like under my eyes and on some blemishes. I have been dying to get my hands on some of the Tanya Burr palettes for a while now and when I found they had finally arrived in my local Superdrug I was more than happy. I felt that the Hollywood palette could add some gold shades to my collection that I didn't already have. A more in-depth review on this palette is coming soon but here are my initial thoughts. I wasn't the biggest fan when I first used it. I felt that the colours were a bit wishy-washy and Enchantment in particular was a bit of a let down. I now really like this palette. It's perfect for every day and I love the gold colours in this warm weather we've been having recently. This palette also works really nicely with another new favourite of mine, the Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey. I originally wanted to buy Smog but they had run out so I chose this one instead as I just wanted a brown to create softer eye looks. It goes on really smoothly, stays put all day and gives the eyes a little extra something something. Another Urban Decay product that will be my Summer staple is the Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter in Aura. I posted a review last Thursday which you can read here and I express my absolute love for this product. It's a really intense highlight that is pink toned and looks amazing on the cheeks! Last but not least is what will be my go to daytime Summery lipstick, the Clinique Pop Lipstick in Melon Pop. The texture of this is so creamy and comfortable on the lips it is perfect for Summer. The colour is a lovely coral pink and although it doesn't have a great lasting power it is so easy to re-apply that it doesn't matter.

I'm so ready for the Summer and to go on holiday and just chill!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home