Thursday 31 March 2016

Bold Lips For Scaredy Cats


About twelve months ago I told myself that I was going to be a bit bolder with my lip choices. So far I have not done that. I don't know why I'm so terrified but my thought process is that I'll put it on, get it on my teeth, have it on my chin and I won't notice because I can't see it. I think I'm just being paranoid (is anyone else like this?) but I really want to get over this 'hurdle' and wear a really WOW lip on a daily basis. I thought I'd share three of the best bold lip options from my lip-drobe and they're the ones I think are best for those who are a bit scared when it comes to going bold.

First up is a cross between a liquid lipstick and a lipgloss and it's the Fleur De Force Lip Gloss in Starry Starry Night. It's a beautiful plum that is perfect for Autumn. Formula wise it's pretty spot on for a comfortable, stay all day lip. It's glossy but has a slight matte-ness to it that makes it stick to the lips and is what makes this such a great product. I want to get Written in the Stars next which is a gorgeous nude but I'm only going to get it if I get more use out of this shade first! Next is something that I actually wore out last week and I really liked how it looked, and we only had one teeth incident! It's the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Pink Passion and it's one step down from a bubblegum pink. The formula is very comfortable on the lips and I even forgot it was there on occasion. I only had to reapply it once throughout quite a long day because even after eating my lunch it had left a slight stain on the lips and I didn't get the awkward wearing away line I'm always concerned about with bold lips. I really want to try out more shades from this range. Last but not least is the Clinique Colour Pop Lipstick in Poppy Pop, This is such a gorgeous colour. It's a poppy red (well done Abz, what a great description) and I think it's the red that suits my skin the most. The formula is creamy and hydrating which is good because I can't feel it on more lips. I don't use a lip liner when I apply this because I don't have one but you don't need one. A lip brush is all that's really needed for a crisp line and it doesn't wear away in a weird way. I need to wear this a lot more often because I'm in serious love with this. I'll keep you updated as to whether I branch out and go bold any time soon. Fingers crossed!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home