Tuesday 9 February 2016

The Waffle House!


A place that only serves waffles? What a very strange but delicious concept. Well that's exactly right as I found out last Saturday on a trip to Norwich. There was a mix of various different sweet and savoury waffles all of which are different from each other. They come in two sizes, small and large, and although it might seem like you should go for the large the small is actually pretty filling, especially if you want a pudding as well. So here's what I went for!

For my main I went for the waffle with strips of beef, mashed potato and a pink peppercorn sauce. The waffle acted as a sort of yorkshire pudding type thing and it was very tasty. The beef was tender and soft and the sauce was really tasty and there was lots of it which is what I really liked. The only problem I found was the mashed potato. I'm not the biggest potato fan and even though I didn't eat the potato to me everything still had a bit of a potato flavour. It might just have been me but it meant that I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. Still it was really interesting and I did rather enjoy it!


Dessert was amazing! I went for the pecan nut waffle with butterscotch sauce and whipped cream. It was SO tasty that thinking about it now is making me want to hop on a train back to Norwich and have another one. The waffle was crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, the sauce was sticky and delicious and the cream just added a little extra something that brought the whole thing together. The pecans were tasty and I loved it. There's not much more I can say about it but it has to be one of my all time flavour combinations!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home