Thursday 28 January 2016

January Favourites 2016


I'm so glad to be coming to the end of January. For some reason it always seems to be an awful month where everything goes wrong and mood is at an all time low. But now is not the time to discuss sadness as it's favourites time where we discuss all the things I've been loving this month!

Skincare
My skin has been having a very rough month. I don't know whether it's been the weather, the stress of third year or the change in water (seriously, my face hates it when I move from home to uni and wash my face in different water, who knew?!). I couldn't work out if my skin was really oily or severely dehydrated so I tried stripping the oil and adding more moisture to try and work out what was going on. One night I smothered my face in the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask and when I woke up it was as if my skin was singing from the highest of heavens. It was plump, not oily and just looked so much better and clearer. It's a really thick moisturiser/mask that you apply generously to give your skin a moisture boost. I think that my skin might be turning from oily to dry so I need to work out maybe a modified skincare routine for that, any recommendations for moisture boosting products would be much appreciated!

Makeup
I never jumped onto the highlighting concealer band wagon but here we are, bringing one in as one of my favourites. This is the L'Oreal True Match Highlighting Concealer. I bought this because I was in desperate need of a concealer and they didn't have my shade in the normal true match concealer so I just went for this one instead. What I do is apply my Maybelline Under Eye Concealer first and then go in with this one and it makes the world of different. It makes my face look brighter and this concealer combo is great on dark circles, I'm in love! Speaking of love, the lipstick above is the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna. This lipstick is amazing. It goes on smoothly, lasts for a really long time and is a stunning colour. It's quite nude but on the lips it does pop and is quite peachy as well. I could go on about this product forever but the formula is so amazing I need to expand my collection of these soon!

Other
The unicorn slipper you see above represents my love for everything slipper related. Before October the only slippers I owned were ones I had bought for Christmas years ago that were hiding in a wardrobe back at home. Now I own three pairs, which are all at uni with me, and that all serve a different purpose. I have a unicorn pair, and Olaf, pair and a Thumper pair. I love looking down at my feet and seeing a cute furry face looking back up at me. Things like that really brightened my dark January days!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home