Tuesday 26 January 2016

Rub!


You'd think I'd have realised by now not to write these posts on an empty stomach but alas, here we are! Another Nottingham restaurant today and it's something that's a little bit different to your 'typical' restaurant. I'd describe this place as kind of quirky, rocky and just down right cool! The menu was very extensive and kind of complicated to work it out but once you get your head round it, it is kind of straight forward. The food came in 'funky' dishes and on weird trays and I love how different it was. I really want to go back and try out some of the other dishes!

I went for chicken and waffles with fries. I wanted to go for something that I probably couldn't have anywhere else, and come on who doesn't want to combine fried chicken and sweet sweet waffles! It sounds insane! I didn't really know what to expect other than the fact it was going to be an extreme mix of sweet and savoury and I didn't know whether I was going to like it or not (spoiler alert, I did). I really enjoyed this meal! The chicken was crispy on the outside and soft in the middle and it wasn't greasy in the slightest, which is usually the case when it comes to fried chicken. There were three waffles, all of which were soft and like your standard breakfast waffle. There were two sauces, maple syrup and a white barbecue sauce. The maple syrup was standard and went well with both the waffles and the chicken as it gave the chicken a nice and sticky outside. The white barbecue sauce was my ideal barbecue sauce as I'm not big on a barbecue flavour and this sauce just had a little hint. This little hint was also nice to go with both of the elements of the meal and sort of tied everything together. Last but not least the fries were 'standard fries' but to me they also had a taste of fish and chip shop chips so if you know how they're cooked then I think they were cooked like that. Delicious and I'd definitely it again in a heartbeat!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home