Monday 19 October 2015

My Everyday Autumn Face


Oh how I'm loving Autumn. The crunchy, falling leaves, the crisp cold air and the fact that I can snuggle up in my blanket and not overheat. The same goes for Autumn makeup, the brown tones and golden warmth make me very happy. In today's post I'm going to be sharing my most worn makeup this autumnal season. I wear this look pretty much everyday and I love it. I'm having a serious winged liner moment and nowadays I think that I look so wrong without it. Big players in this face are the Fleur de Force Eye Quad (in love!) and the Soap and Glory Brow Archery. Expect to see them pop up in my October favourites!

Ever since I discovered the Makeup Forever Mattifying Primer I've never looked back. At first I thought the consistency was a little thick and strange but that's what makes it so good at keeping foundation on my face all day. My all time favourite foundation for this kind of weather is the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Matte Foundation. It's heavy duty and full coverage without leaving the face feeling cake-y and looking too thick on the skin. I think I'm in-between shades of this but that's nothing a little blending can't fix! The powder award goes to the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. Lightweight, does the job and smells weirdly delicious, this has quickly become my favourite powder. My new Soap and Glory Brow Archery in Hot Chocolate is amazing! The colour is a lovely warm brown and applies really smoothly and accurately. Read more about it here in yesterday's post!

Eyes are the key to this face. I keep it quite simple and then make it pop with the liner, love it! I primed my eyes with the Mac Painterly Paint Pot as per and then move on to the beauty which is the Fleur de Force Eye Quad in Cosmic Bronze. I am seriously in love with this palette and you can read my thoughts in this post. I take the lightest colour across the lid, the lighter brown in the crease, the dark brown on the outer corner and pat on the shimmer on the outer lid. I love the way these shadows perform and how they look. I'm a felt tip liner kind of girl so the L'Oreal Superstar Superliner is right up my street. I just do a massive wing and then join it up. Pretty simple really. I love how black this liner is and how easy it is to apply. It glides on like a dream! Standard Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Black and my now holy grail Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara.

I still like to warm up my face with bronzer so my Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer comes out to play. It's the perfect mix of warm and cool and has the perfect amount of pigmentation. I don't think that I'll be swayed by any other bronzer ever again, this is for life. The Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy may look like a summer shade but it works perfectly in Autumn too! It's a mix of pink, red and orange and is a gorgeous colour which looks great on the cheeks and brightens up the face. I'm in serious need of a new highlighter so I'll welcome any suggestions but at the minute I'm using Benefit Shy Girl. It's a good, matte, liquid highlighter but some days I'd like something a little more shimmery to make everything pop.

Last but not least, lips. I have two options which I change in and out. The one that I'm wearing in the picture above, and what I wear daily, is the Clinique Lip Pop in Melon Pop. I've raved about this lipstick so many times so I'll keep it short and sweet, I love the colour, the way it feels and the packaging (packaging is very important). My bolder and more autumnal lip product of choice is the Fleur De Force Lip Gloss in Starry Starry Night. It's your typical berry lip which is in a great formula, not too drying but sticks to the lips. No doubt this product will be mentioned again in an upcoming post!

Are you feeling autumnal and what's your favourite product at the minute, let me know!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home