Wednesday 12 July 2017

Why Quads Hold a Special Place in My Heart



As much as a huge palette filled with 40+ shades really gets me pumped up and ready for a smokey eye, I always find myself reaching for my quads. I don't know if it's the fact that they're filled with my favourite shades or because all the shadows of together, but I just can't get enough of them. 

My journey into the world of quads started at the beginning of my third year of uni when I bought myself the Fleur de Force Cosmic Bronze Quad (which I don't know if they actually sell anymore - sad). At first I thought the shimmery shade would be the one I used the most and the others would kind of get left behind. But oh no was I wrong, that's definitely my least used. I love the way the other three shades go together and are so versatile. I like that I could go full out brown smokey, something a bit more natural or with a deep brown crease and winged liner. 

The fact that I can just pull out a palette and work my way round really appeals to me but I also the love the fact that usually there is one or two shades that can be slapped on your eye on their own. My favourite 'slap on' shade is Innocent by NYX. It looks like nothing in the pan but paired with the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean it transforms into a lovely shimmery, golden eye. In fact all of these shades are gorgeous (to read my full thoughts on this palette, click here.)

My favourite quad has to be my Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette. I mean, look at it. How could this not be my top dog. It has all the shades you need for the perfect smokey eye, and that 'pop' shade is just stunning! At the minute, for more of a warm summery eye, I'm really liking the Tanya Burr My Paradise Palette. although the three shimmery shades aren't overly different from each other, they create a nice, warm, rose gold eye that I like to pair with winged liner and tonnes of mascara.

Know of any other quads I should try out? Please let me know (I need to be enabled to buy more makeup I don't need!)


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home