Wednesday 17 May 2017

The foundation so good that I bought two


I think I've finally found my perfect foundation that gives me everything I need. In January I spontaneously bought the Revlon Colorstay Foundation in the lightest shade they had, 110 Ivory, and instantly fell in love. I'd heard good things about it before but assumed it wouldn't be matte enough for my skin as at the time I was using the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation. However, the first time I used it lasted all day. All. Day. Without it separating or rubbing off. I was pretty amazed. This was the start of a serious love affair that is still happening.

I forgot to mention this is for the combination/oily version of this foundation and not normal/dry. I also have dehydrated skin which can be quite oily.

This is what I'd call a true liquid foundation if that makes sense. So instead of being slightly thick and mousse-y like the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Matte or really runny like the Bourjois CC Cream it sits in the middle. This means that when I apply it to my skin it gives me the medium to full coverage I like in a foundation but it sinks into my skin instead of sitting on top. It creates a smooth canvas on my face and when I use it I notice the rest of my makeup applies a lot better. Throughout the day I do still have to blot a little to remove any excess oil but I'm definitely not a sweaty mess by the end of the working day, which I sometimes find when I use my beloved L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation. Now, if I'm having a particularly oily day, the foundation does rub off a little but it's not nearly as bad as it could be. So although it's not a miracle worker, it's pretty close!

Anyway, on to why I have these two shades. I've started to dabble in fake tan, a world which I'm totally involved in, and I needed to get a foundation I can use when I'm a little bit more tanned. It was a no brainer that this was the foundation I would choose as it is by far my favourite at the moment. I chose the shade 180 Sand Beige, two shades up from my natural skin tone shade. I was going to go just one up, which would have been Buff, but I didn't know if that would have been dark enough. I'm glad I went with Sand Beige as even though it is quite a bit darker it means that when mixed with Ivory I can create the best colour I need for how tanned I am at the time.

Do you love this foundation too or is there another one you think I should try? Let me know!

Left to right: 110 Ivory | 180 Sand Beige

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home