Wednesday 26 April 2017

What I'm putting on my face on the daily


Welcome to a precocious everyday makeup routine! Because why write a normal title when you can be cool and quirky (note the sarcasm).

I'm stuck in a bit of a primer rut at the minute, nothing seems to be working so recommendations would be much appreciated. Anyway, my base starts with the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation in 03 Vanilla. I used this foundation last summer and only just repurchased it recently. I'm so in love. It's quick to apply, I use my Real Techniques Complexion Sponge, gives a light but build able coverage and lasts quite well on my skin, I have to do a mid-day blot but that's the case for most of my foundations. Concealer wise I use two. First the Revlon Colorstay Concealer in Fair on spots and any areas I want more coverage and the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory for under my eyes. They're not my favourite concealers in the world but they do the job for everyday. I find the Revlon one quite sheer and not as heavy duty as I like and I find the Rimmel concealer can sometimes look a little orange at the end of the day. I then set my makeup with the Laura Mercier Translucent Power. This powder is a literal dream. It feels really soft on my skin, if that makes sense, and it keeps my oily skin at bay at least until mid-afternoon.

Because I get my brows tinted every month, day to day I just use a gel through my brows. I was so excited to try out the Fleur de Force Brow Gel when it was first released and I have to say it didn't disappoint! I have it in Medium and it's the perfect shade for me. Both ends work really well, the tinted end, which I use day to day, fills in any gaps in my brows and the clear end sets them into place when I use something else to fill them in, like the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. I still like to wear eyeshadow everyday but I try to go for something really easy. I do one swipe of the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean on my lid and blend out the edges, then pack Trick from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. It's a gorgeous rose gold eye that literally takes 30 seconds. The wear-time isn't fantastic, it normally disappears by the time I come home from work, but it does the job.

Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean | Naked 3 in Trick | Trick with Jean layered on top
Now to finish off the rest of my base. I've been testing out the Freedom Contour Kit in Fair and I have to say I'm in love! I was previously using the Maybelline Contour Kit but it was so orange it looked awful at the end of the day. This is very subtle but it just gives my face a little extra help in the cheekbone department (and trust me I need all the help I can get!). I love the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, it gives my face just the right amount of warmth and it doesn't give me an orange face. Also it smells amazing. For blush I've been using my Mac Blush in Immortal Flower which was kindly given to me by a friend three years ago and it's still going strong! (Side note: I can't find a link to it so this shade may not be available anymore *sheds tear*).  It's just a really nice pink that looks natural and it's also really hard to over do it. For highlight day to day I use The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer. I apply it with a fan brush and it gives a nice glow that isn't too intense but you can still see it, which I like because if I go to the effort of wearing highlighter I want you to be slightly blinded by my glow!

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer | Freedom Contour Kit in Fair | Mac Blush in Immortal Flower | The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
For the last two weeks I've been putting the Tanya Burr Matte Lip in Rhubarb and Custard to the ultimate test! I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks and I haven't decided what makeup I'm wearing but I want something that will last all day. I have to say I am seriously impressed with this product. The colour is gorgeous for spring, a bright pink that's not totally in your face, and it lasts really well on the lips. I put it on in the morning and I only have to reapply after I've eaten my lunch at about 1.30pm, which for me is amazing because I seem to eat off my lipstick without even realising it!

As I mentioned, I'm on a mission to find products that will last all day so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Tanya Burr Matte Lip in Rhubarb and Custard

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home