Wednesday 7 June 2017

Summer products that come out of hiding


I love winter, it's my favourite of the seasons but there's something about summer makeup that gets me excited. I love the bright colours and the glossy finishes that summery products give, although a high coverage matte base is what I'm all about.

The first product that comes out in the summertime is SPF. I know! I'm sorry! I should wear SPF all the time but I only ever remember when it's sunny outside. I'm currently using the Clarins UV Plus UV+ SPF50 neutral which I got free from a Sephora once upon a time. Because I always forget to wear it except in summer, it's one of the product that gets introduced back into my collection at this time every year. Another product that I've reintroduced into my collection is the L'Oreal Glam Bronze Cushion De Soleil. It's a really good product when you just want to give your face a natural bronze and give it some warmth. I use a stippling brush to apply this where I normally put my bronzer and it gives such a nice warmth to the face and makes me look a little more sun kissed. I'm totally loving it at the minute. 

Two years ago when I was in Florida I bought the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy and fell in total love. It's a beautiful coral/pink colour that is perfect for summer and has been a staple in my collection since I bought it. It can be quite easy to overdo it with this product as it's very pigmented but using just a little bit at a time means you can build up a gorgeous glow. I've been loving this blush when I use the Tanya Burr My Paradise palette on my eyes. Now last but not least the Clinique Pop Lipsticks in Melon Pop and Poppy Pop. Just look at these. Not only do the shades scream summer but the formula is so creamy they are perfect to wear when it's boiling hot outside. I'm not often brave enough to wear Poppy Pop but Melon Pop is so easy to wear, it's perfect for everyday.

Do you have any products that you get out of hiding when summer rolls around? Let me know!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home