Thursday 4 February 2016

My Current Base Routine


I feel like I'm in a really good place with my base at the moment. It lasts all day, doesn't feel caky on my skin and looks pretty good. For a bit of background of my skin, it can get quite oily but also needs  a bit of hydration to keep it plump and healthy. I've been using this combination of products for a while now, day and night and for me it is just the perfect base and offers everything from being long lasting to looking flawless. I'll stop rambling on now and get into how I apply it, let's go!

To prime my face I use the Makeup Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer and it's definitely the best primer I've ever used. It's somewhere in between a cream and a silicone texture making it the perfect thing to smooth over the skin, because I think creams can be too thick and silicone can be a little uncomfortable. The smallest amount is needed, smaller than a pea, and it goes really far. I just it on the centre of my face and on my forehead because those are the areas where my foundation rubs off. Next up is the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation in 10 Porcelain. There's nothing I don't like about this foundation. The shade Porcelain matches my skin perfectly and it blends so nicely, t's a pleasure to apply. For a foundation with coverage as high as this one you'd expect it to be heavy on the skin but that isn't the case. When blended onto the skin it turns into a sort of whipped texture and feels very light on the skin. You can wear this all day and still not feel it weighing down your face. I'm just in love with this foundation okay! Concealer time and I use two on a daily basis. First is the Maybelline Eraser Eye. I use this under my eyes and sometimes on blemishes if my foundation couldn't cover them up (I press my finger on the sponge the get the product and then dab it on the spot). It's great up the eyes as it conceals dark circles really well and also does a good job of covering up redness on my cheeks. To brighten up certain areas of my face I use the L'Oreal True Match La Touche Magique Concealer. It's a highlighting concealer that has a yellow tone to it so it brightens up my under eyes and any other area that I want to highlight. I simply apply it in large swipes in a triangle shape underneath my eye and blend it out with my finger. I love the way these two concealers work together and how flawless they make my face look. The final step of my base routine is powder because if I don't powder my face feels really strange, I don't know why but I don't feel complete without it. I use the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. I love how light it is, the slight coverage it gives and the smell. It has a very sweet smell which I just find really nice when I apply it, like a special little treat!

I'm starting to worry that a lot of these products are beginning to run out but I'm definitely going to repurchase all of them. I just can't imagine any other products that could work as well, but you never know I might find something else so I'll keep you posted!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home