Monday 26 October 2015

My Lip-drobe (Lipstick Wardrobe)


As I'm getting more and more into lipsticks, I thought that I'd compile a list of my must have lip-drobe (or lip wardrobe). It's basically the lipsticks that are my favourite of the moment. Let's get into it!

The Tint
A few months ago I was in desperate need of a nice lip tint and I wasn't having much look in my search. Then when the Kiko opened up in Nottingham I was pleased to find a great selection of tints called Kiss Balm and I went for the shade Apricot because it was a nice peachy colour. First off, it smells amazing and secondly it is like the perfect tint. It moisturises my lips while still giving them a nice bit of colour. It's easy to apply and although the texture is soft it still hasn't melted in my bag yet (famous last words).

The Matte
I only own one matte lipstick so this category is a little biassed but I don't really care because this lipstick is just amazing. It's Mac Kinda Sexy and I love it. It's my go to night out lipstick because I know for a fact that it's not going to budge. It's also my perfect nude, peach with a hint of pink but also kind of brown. It goes with everything, clothes and face wise, and I use it with or without lipliner.

The Red
This is a pretty new category and again I only have one option but it's a good one. The Clinique Pop Lipstick in Poppy Pop is a well loved red lip on the internet as well as loved by me. It's not matte but it sticks around on the lips all day. I apply it using a lip brush to get a crisp line and then go in with the bullet to get an intense colour. It's the perfect cherry red and I think it's something everyone should have in their collection.

The Nude
You can tell that I like this formula of lipstick because my nude of choice is the Clinique Pop in Melon Pop. It's creamy, pretty long lasting for such a moisturising lipstick and is an amazing colour. It's lighter and more peachy than Kinda Sexy but in the picture it's coming up a lot more pink than it is in real life. I just whack this on pretty much everyday because it's a full proof lipstick. If you don't already have it I'd definitely recommend adding it to your collection.

The Pink
This is a very spring lipstick but it does come out at this time of year from time to time. It's my Kiko Smart Lipstick in 902 Pastel Pink and when I first bought this it was never off my lips. For something like £3 it is the best value for money out of anything on this list. The staying power is great, good pigmentation and the colour is a nice, natural pink. You can wear it on its own but I like it on top of the Rimmel Lipliner in East End Snob. I want to pick up more colours in this formula because for the price I don't think you can get better.

The Gloss
Not strictly a lipstick but I couldn't leave this one out. Marketed as a cross between a liquid lipstick and a lip gloss, the Fleur De Force Lip Gloss in Starry Starry Night is my go to Autumn Shade. I've spoken about this a lot in recent weeks (and you can read a full review here) and I just absolutely love it. The colour is amazing and I love the staying power and the formula so much that I may have to place a cheeky Feel Unique order sometime soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home