Thursday 6 August 2015

How to: Face Masks


I thought that in this how to post I'd give a run down of the face masks I have (and regularly use) and in what situations I use them. It's not long since I did a face mask post but I've been using these for a while now and I think I've got the ones I always use nailed down.

The quick fix
For those times ([cough] time of the month [cough]) when my skin is looking a bit sad and spotty the mask that I reach for is the Origins out of trouble 10 minute mask. It smells like tea tree and you can really feel it working. It says to take it all over your face and down your neck and to me if really feels like it's drawing all of the badness out of your skin but not in a drying and stripping way. The fact that it's only ten minutes means that it's enough time to feel like it's making a difference but not that you get bored with it sat on your face.

The deep clean
There's a lot of hype around the Origins Charcoal Mask for being great at clearing up the skin on all skin types and I have to agree. You apply a thick-ish layer all over your face and wait around 25 minutes for it to dry. It's like your typical face mask where you apply it, let it dry to a point where you can't move your face and smiling is a no go and then clean it off. As with the above mask, you can really feel it getting to work and clearing your skin of any dirt. It does particularly well on blackheads  and it really opens up the pores.

The skin plumper
The Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask. There have only been a few times when I've needed this mask but when I've needed it I've REALLY needed it. More often than not I'll use this the night after a night out and my skin goes from scale-y to plump and refreshed. I bought all of the Origins masks in a set and I didn't think that I'd get much use out of it as I thought it would make my skin oily but instead of oily it just makes it feel clean and fresh, hydration without the grease, love it!

The in-betweener
I use the Simple Deep Cleansing Face Mask midweek when I want a bit of a quick clean. Because the mask only needs to be on for two minutes it feels less like a face mask and more like a more intense face wash. I use this when I think, my skin needs a perk up but I haven't got time, and I just whack it on and it firms up my face and gets rid of the badness on the surface. It's a quicker fix than my quick fix but the fix isn't as long lasting...fix.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home