Monday 22 June 2015

Empties (again!)


It doesn't seem two minutes since I posted my last empties post but here I am again with a nice collection of finished products. I love it whenever I finish something I get a real sense of accomplishment, but when it's something I really like it's bitter sweet because yay I've finished but boo I have to go out and repurchase. Not good on my poor purse! Now, let's get into it.

Farewell my beloved Body Shop Seaweed Toner, it's been a fun 12 months but I think it's now time to move on. I've been using this product for a long time and I feel like it's one of the best toners for oily skin. Nice sweet smell, cleansing but not too stripping and not too much is needed. However it is a little harsh on my quite tight budget which is why this time round I decided not to repurchase, but when I collect a few more pennies I'll be going back to it. Keeping with the Body Shop theme I finished my Frozen Cranberries Shower Gel that I got for my birthday in February. This scent is like no other. I don't really know how to describe it but you can tell that it's a festive scent without it being too christmassy. Pairing this with the other two items that I'll get to in a minute sticks around all day and I feel like I'm the best smelling person in the world. The Body Shop Body Polish is like a very gentle exfoliator. It was nice to have something like this as I haven't bought an exfoliator in a while, however I don't think I would repurchase as it didn't really buff away at the skin and sort of just glossed over the surface. The Body Shop Body Butter in Frozen Cranberries is one of the best body butters I've ever used. It was thick without being too heavy and the smell of to die for. It's a shame that this was limited edition because I would definitely think about repurchasing. After this was done I moved onto the Ted Baker Body SoufflĂ© and this was at the other end of the spectrum. It was thin in consistency, perfect for summer, and smelt like roses and was very perfume-y. Although they were very different I liked them both equally but I don't know if I would repurchase the Ted Baker one for the fact that it sometimes felt a bit sticky on the skin. If you want to know my thoughts on the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish then click here but all I'm going to say is that I was very upset when I came to the end of it. Last but not least is the Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream. This worked very well on my oily skin by being hydrating but not making my skin greasy. It smelt nice, had a thin consistency and overall I really liked it. But I'm not going to repurchase it as I want to explore more moisturisers to see if there are any that are better.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home