Monday 15 June 2015

Kiko Haul


The time has finally arrived, Kiko has landed in Nottingham. When I saw the 'coming soon' sign around March time I got way too excited and was hoping and praying that it would open before I left to go home for the summer and as luck would have it, it did. I was so overwhelmed when I went in that I had no idea what kind of things I wanted, what I should try first, it was all a bit much. But once I had composed myself, I got to work.

The first thing I picked up was a Kiko Kiss Balm in the shade 02 Apricot. I've wanted one of these tinted lip balms for a while and have had my eye on the Max Factor Colour Intensifying Balms but when I saw this I knew it was the one. The pigmentation is very sheer, which is exactly what I've been looking for, and the texture is quite oily but very hydrating and not at all uncomfortable on the lips. The colour is stunning, a coral orange/ pink and is something that I don't currently have in my collection at the moment. I'd heard from various sources that the Kiko Eyeshadow Sticks were something worth having so that is where I went to next. There were so many to choose from so I got swatching and tried to go for colours that I don't already have to narrow it down. The first one I went for was 05 Rosy Brown which is pretty much as the name suggests, a brown shadow with a twist. In certain lights in shines a taupe-y purple colour and looks amazing on the lid. It give the ultimate wet shadow look and stays on all day without any creasing. Both of these shadows are so easy to apply and work really well by themselves and with other shadows on top. The second one that I picked was 21 Passion Fruit and it a rose gold type colour that also is a bit of salmon pick. It's also a dream to apply and goes really well with the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, especially the shade trick.

I can't wait to pick up some more bits from here, and trust me I have my eye on a fair few items, but I need to make sure I get everything I need for the next few months as unfortunately Halifax doesn't have a Kiko yet, darn it!

L-R: Apricot, 05, 21

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home