Tuesday 31 March 2015

Fat Cats! (Take Four)


I know, we're here again but can you blame me with such a good student discount?! This visit to the beloved Fat Cats was slightly different as this time I had a starter! I know right, what a turn around for the books. So without further ado let's jump in.

Because we were feeling adventurous on this visit we decided to sample one of their sharing starters and we went for the Mediterranean platter. I'm so glad that we did because this ended up being the star of the meal! It came with an olive salad, deep fried aubergines, goats cheese bruschetta, flatbreads, hummus, falafels and tzatziki. Everything was delicious, except maybe the salad but I'm not a salad person, and also the bruschetta because I don't like goats cheese. The tzatziki was cleansing and tasty and the hummus was out of this world! Everything went well with everything, like the aubergines tasted good with the hummus, etc. I've never had a falafel before and I really enjoyed them. They reminded me of onion bargiis as they had a curry as a flavour. My favourite thing out of everything was the hummus, it was creamy, tasty and the best I've ever had.


This is the smokey belly pork which I've had before and if you want to hear my thoughts on this you can read it here.


This cheesecake...is something else. It has to be the creamiest cheesecake I've ever had! It was white chocolate and raspberry flavour, although the raspberry flavour wasn't really prominent, which is one of my favourite flavour combinations when it comes to cheesecake. The cream that it came with was squirt cream from a can which didn't really add much and when I've had cheesecake here before, it came with pouring cream which was much better. The piece was huge but it was so delicious that I just want to eat it over and over again!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home