Tuesday 17 March 2015

La Cachette! (Take Two)


Another La Cachette post coming at you today, can you tell it's one of my favourite places for food. Let's get straight into the starter and I had smoked salmon with a crab risotto ball and an orange sauce. This is one of the best starters I've ever had, and I know that's a bold statement but it was simply delicious. The salmon was soft and melted in the mouth and was full of flavour. The orange sauce complemented everything beautifully and was sweet but had a little bit of tang. The star of the dish however was the crab risotto ball. Crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, it was full of crab flavour and melted in the mouth. One was just enough but I could've eaten a bowl of just these. The portion size was perfect and I'd have to say it was an all round perfect starter!


Being the boring so and so that I am, I went for exactly the same main that I had last time. I can't help it, beef wellington just sucks me in! If you want to see my thoughts on this dish then I wrote about it in my last La Cachette post here.


I've always wanted to have a proper tarte tatin so I jumped at the chance when I saw it on the menu. The extra 15 minutes cooking time was definitely worth the wait and it was super delicious. The apples were soft and sweet and the pastry was thin and crispy yet soft and sticky. The creme freche sorbet went well with the rest of the dish, sweet but light. So my dream was fulfilled and an overall success!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home