Thursday 19 March 2015

Battle of the Brushes


The final face fight, I know shed a tear, is all about the brushes! I love brushes to the point where I've had to stop myself from buying more because it will just be an unnecessary purchase. I've picked my most used brushes, one from each 'application category' and I'll be putting them against each other to see which is my favourite. Let's begin!

First up is foundation and let's start with the Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques. I'm very fond of this brush. It's the brush that I never adore but it's always there when I want my foundation to look a bit more natural. It's soft but dense so it buffs in really well but sometimes it can be a little bit too small when I'm in a rush. Then there's the Sephora 49 Brush. I love this brush. Some people find that these types of brushes 'paint' the foundation on instead of buffing it into the skin but I like the flawless finish that this brush gives me and paired with the L'Oreal True Match foundation it's like perfect skin in a bottle.

Eyes eyes eyes! The first eyeshadow brush I ever got was the Mac 242. I love this for packing shadow onto the lid and it's especially great with pigments. The Mac 217 is infamous in the beauty world for being amazing and it's definitely worth the hype! It perfectly puts product in the crease and blends out edges beautifully. I don't know what I ever did before this brush. Another similar blending brush is a little fluffy brush I got in an Avon kit about eight years ago and it's a nice, soft and reliable little brush.

To finish with the rest of the face brushes is the Real Techniques Blush Brush which I use for bronzer.  As with all of these brushes it's really soft and fits well into the hollows of my cheeks to contour and is also big enough to give an all round bronze. Last but not least is the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I used to use this for foundation, and I really liked it as it made everything look really natural, but now I use it for highlight as it doesn't apply too much product and make the face look too shiny.

Who's come out on top? I think that the Mac 217 has literally changed my life so much that it has to be my favourite brush.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home