Wednesday 2 August 2017

Rose gold, podcasts and seasonal eating | July Favourites


Beauty
I have fallen in love with the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette all over again this month. I dip in and out of love with this palette but I'm seriously obsessed. Everyone knows how pigmented and bendable Urban Decay eyeshadows are so I'll gloss over that, these shades are beautiful. So easy to just slap something on on a workday but it can also do a nice, pink-ey smokey eye. My favourite way to wear it before shooting off to work is Trick on most of the lid, Buzz on the outer lid and Limit in the crease. If I'm feeling I bit fancy I'll smudge Blackheart into my upper lash line. I'm still debating whether I need the Heat Palette in my life but for now I'm pretty happy using this.

Bit of a small and random favourite but I haven't liked a lip balm this much in a while. It's the Palmer's Coconut Oil Lip Balm. It's hydrating, comes in a handy stick and smells and tastes amazing. I'm obsessed with this scent and I think I need to try more from the Coconut Oil range, smells like heaven and holidays!

Food
After listening to the episode of 'At Home With' (more on that later) with Madeleine Shaw, I thought I'd give one of her books a go as I liked the sound of eating well and eating what's in season. So, after a couple of weeks of looking in all my local shops (to find that we were looking in the wrong section, well done) I finally got my hands on it. It being A Year of Beautiful Eating. I am so impressed with this and I think I can say the rest of my family are too! The recipes are pretty easy to do (I say that but my mum has made both of them) and so tasty. I can't wait to make more and I've just recently bought her second book and can't wait to try recipes from that one too!

Lifestyle
I've listened to a few podcasts over the years but none as religiously as 'At Home With'. I've been hooked on every episode, even when I had no clue who the guest really was, and it was so entertaining I was longing for more when the 30 minutes was up. My favourite episode was Giovanna Fletcher but after listening to the one with Kate La Vie I've become a massive fan of her blog. As an avid follower of Anna and Lily I'm really pleased it has gone well for them and I really hope it comes back for a second series!

I bought the Nina Perfume from Nina Ricci when I was on holiday last month and this scent has just become the staple summer scent for me. Sweet but not sickly and in the cutest bottle it will brighten any sunny day.

One week ago today I decided to bite the bullet and finally watch Riverdale. Oh wow am I glad I did. It's the perfect mix between a gripping crime drama and a high school programme. I only had a brief idea of what it was it was about so I kind of went in blind and I was hooked from the first five minutes. I cannot wait for series two and if you haven't watched it yet, please do, you won't regret it and it won't take up too much of your time.

I'm in serious need of another series to binge, any suggestions?



Trick | Buzz | Limit

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home