Wednesday 26 July 2017

Five minute summer face (that takes me fifteen)


It takes me forever to do my makeup in a morning. What would take some two minutes will take me ten, especially when I've still not woken up properly. So, this has been my go-to 'work face' that takes  about 15 to 20 minutes in a morning and] lasts just long enough to get me through the working day. A lot of the products are cream as well as I've found that I can pretty much swipe, blend and go.

After some good weather and an experiment with the St Tropez Self Tan Express Face Sheet Masks (which side note worked out quite well) my skin is looking quite tanned so I've ditched the foundation. I've been going straight in with concealer and I've been reaching for the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. I just apply it under my eyes so I don't look quite as dead in the morning and maybe a little bit on my chin if it's looking a bit spotty. This is normally when I go in with powder but because I'm all about the cream products it's time for bronzer. Last year I bought the L'Oreal Glam Bronze Cushion De Soleil and I love the way it makes my skin look, like a natural glow. I use my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply this and put it where I usually bronze, forehead, cheekbone area and jawline down my neck. I then do two swipes of this Collection Speedy Brush in the shade Cheeky on both of my cheeks and blend out with my Body Shop buffing brush, a flat topped brush. One swipe on each cheek is enough to blend out to a nice flush and it lasts pretty much all day without making me look like I'm red, hot and sweaty. Highlight wise I've been using the MUA Luxe Ombre Highlight Stick. There are three shades on the stick, light, medium and dark. What I do is angle the stick to just put the lighter two shades on the tops of my cheek bones, cupids bow and the end of my nose. It gives a great glow that isn't overly subtle but not as in your face as my others.

A quick dusting of my Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder and that's my base sorted. I sometimes give my face a quick spritz with the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, just to make sure I don't sweat everything off throughout the day (because, TMI, I do get a little greasy).

For my eyes I start off with the Kiko Long Lasting Eyeshadow Stick in 21 Passion Fruit. It's so easy to use, swipe blend and done. It's a gorgeous pink gold that goes well with Tanya Burr My Paradise Palette. I usually use the shade Tranquility all over my lid and just blend it out, leaving a shimmery pink that to me screams summer. Add a touch of mascara (L'Oreal Baby Roll is my pick at the minute, does the job) and that's my eyes done. Very toned down from what I usually do but it takes me next to no time.

To finish everything off my brows, which will have been waxed and tinted within the last month, get a quick brush through with the tinted side of the Fleur de Force by Eyelure Brow Tamer in Medium. My lipstick of choice is something light, in both colour and texture. I've been reaching for the Clinique Pop Lipstick in Melon Pop. The peachy colour makes my skin look more bronzed and I like the fact that it's glossy but doesn't come straight off. Love love love!

What's your favourite summer makeup product?

Clinique Melon Pop | MUA Luxe Ombre | Collection Cheeky | Tanya Burr My Paradise | Kiko Passion Fruit

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home