Friday 27 May 2016

Bringing in the sparkle


I love a bit of glitter. Pretty much any chance there is I like to crack out the sparkle. With this hot weather that seems to be sticking around (and when I say hot I mean not raining) it makes me want to wear glitter even more. When I wore this look I was having such a good day, my hair perfectly went into french plaits, my foundation sat nicely and I had no eyeliner problems. This was great, but you know the saying 'all dressed up and nowhere to go'? This was the case. Me and my friends went to watch Trent university compete in the Rugby League varsity but other than that I was just sat in my room trying to take a profile picture worthy selfie (it didn't happen, I know sad times). If you fancy doing a bit of a daytime glitter look then these are the products I used.

I primed my eyes like always with the Mac Painterly Paint Pot and used the shade Truth (a cream shade) from the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette to set that and even out my eyelid. I then took the shade Undone (a light, cool toned matte brown) from the same palette in my crease. I kept applying and blending until I got a nicely defined crease. I also took that shade under my eye and blended it to smoke it out. Now it's time to crack out the liner! I did quite a large wing (at least it was big for me) and did a relatively thick line on the lid as well, making sure I reached right by the lashes so no skin peaked through. I used the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim in Black to get this crisp line. Now for the fun part! I would recommend the Collection Glam Crystal Glitter Eyeliners to anyone who is going to use glitter at any point in their life because they are amazing. There's no need for a glitter primer and it goes on so easily. You can have just a little bit of glitter or keep on building it up for something really opaque and intense. I used Funk for this look, which is a gold and looks stunning and really great for Summer. I simply coloured in the wing with the glitter, I did two coats, and I love the little bit of shimmer it gave without being over the top. To the look I used my Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl Eyeliner in Black in my waterline and then put on lashings of the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I went for something simple on the lips and used the Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Lunch Date which gave a nice shine to my lips.

I'm definitely going to be trying out more glitter looks in the future and I need to pick up more colours of these Collection glitters!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home