Tuesday 21 April 2015

Zizzi's!


My family went through a phase a few years ago where Zizzi's was the place to go. We over did it a bit and stopped going for a while so now it was nice to go back and revisit to see what'd changed. Me and my mum went to the one in Meadowhall just before I came back to university and I love the way that they feel like outdoor restaurants but they're under 'the dome' of the centre. We went for a quick lunch so service was speedy but it wasn't so fast that it didn't feel leisurely.

For starter we shared the calamari and the garlic bread with mozzarella and balsamic onions. There was literally so much food to say that they were only two starters. That could have comfortably fed four people I think. The calamari was soft, not at all chewy and had a really tasty batter. The only problem I found was that some of the pieces were really over seasoned so you got a massive hit of salt or pepper. It came with a mayonnaise dip, as this dish normally does, which went really nicely with the squid and the garlic bread. This was literally the best garlic bread I've ever tasted. It was garlic-y but sweet from the onions and had a nice soft bread texture that was nice with the cheese. The portion size was huge but we kept it back for the main so there wasn't much that went to waste. I definitely want to recreate this at home, it would be delicious.


For main I went for the standard lasagne, as this is what I use to test how good a restaurant is. This one was a little bit different as instead of lots of cheese on top it came with breadcrumbs. They added a nice crunch but also a softness which was really nice. It came with so much creamy sauce which is my absolute dream yet there wasn't so much that there wasn't enough meat. The only thing was that there was some kind of crunchy vegetable in it which I didn't enjoy as I prefer everything to be soft when it comes to veg. The portion size was huge and after the starter me and my mum said that we could have shared a main, so at least we know for next time. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home