Tuesday 14 April 2015

La Cachette! (Take Three)


Another trip home means another visit to La Cachette and another great meal! You know the drill let's just get into it. For a while now I've been meaning to try the rabbit pie but because I've been having the Beef Wellington for main I left it, so today was the day. This was so delicious! The rabbit was tender and melted in the mouth and went perfectly with the sauce. There were chunks of carrot underneath which were nice and sweet and the pastry was thin and not overtaking. Perfect portion size, gorgeous flavours, what more can you ask for?


Next up for main I had partridge which I chose because I've never tried it before. This was one of the best mains that I've ever had, not just here but anywhere. It came with creamed cabbage, chorizo and fried polenta. The polenta was to die for, crispy on the outside but soft in the centre and the creamed cabbage was out of this world. It was so tasty, seasoned to perfetction, and the fact that the creaminess was just right made it even better. The partridge was delicious as well and everything went really nicely together. I wasn't too bothered about the chorizo as I found it hard to cut but the flavour was good and I'd definitely have it again.


Finally onto pudding. By the time it'd got to dessert I was stuffed so I went for one scoop of almond and praline ice cream. It was really tasty, sweet, not too almond-y and the little chunks of almonds made it super great. I'm never normally an ice cream person but I really enjoyed this, a little something to end a fantastic meal on.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home