Thursday 16 April 2015

Oddly Orange



Orange is one of those colours that can look great but it can be quite hard to work with. For this look I used orange on the eyes and lips but in a way that didn't make me look like a crazy person. I think that it turned out quite well and the eyeshadow made my eyes look really blue which I'm always a fan of.

Jumping straight onto the eyes I primed them with my favourite primer of all time the Mac Painterly Paint Pot. For this look I used the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette and worked mainly with the shade Lucky taking it all across my lid, packing it on with a Mac 242 brush. It's a gorgeous peachy orange shade with lots of shimmer so it looks insane on the lid but not over the top. I also took a little bit through my crease but not too much, just enough to give a little glow when I open my eyes. The only other shade I used was Reign on the outer corners to give a little more dimension. I didn't pack it on and I made sure to really blend the edges to make it soft. To finish off I used my Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Sable Brown in my waterline and tighten and used my Seventeen Backlash Mascara for more natural lashes. On my lips I used my Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Fruitti to give them a bit of an orange tint. This is perfect for the spring/summer time in my opinion because it's nice and bright but you can dab it on to leave more of a stain.

I really enjoyed experimenting with orange and I don't think that people should be scared of using this colour in your makeup because it can look really good. I'll definitely be using the shade Lucky more often.



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home