Thursday 23 April 2015

Yelling Yellow




 Yellow eyeshadow. Those dreaded words. I mean, what would possess someone to put the colour of the sun on their eyelids for all the world to see? Oh yeah, me. I hope that you learn something from this because finding a way to try and make this work was an ordeal, but I got there in the end so let's get started.

Eye primer is the same as normal, Mac Painterly Paint Pot and then it was straight into the yellow pond of doom. I used Bamm! from the Sleek Brights Palette and boy is it bright. I packed it onto the lid with my Mac 242 brush (which incidentally I seem to have lost after taking the above photo, I'll be sending out a mass search party). After I'd got a pretty bright yellow colour I went in with Undone from the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette and put it through my crease, making sure to blend it out and into the yellow to make it a little less intense. Once I'd blended it out so it looks softer I went it with Reign from the same palette and took it on the outer corner, like with most eye looks that I do. Then I take the same shade on a smaller brush across my top lash line and blend it in to make the yellow less prominent. Then I used the standard Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Sable Brown and my Seventeen Back Lash Mascara.


I don't know how I feel about yellow. It took so long to work it in and I think it looked really strange. I don't know if it was the combination of brown and yellow or if yellow isn't a colour that should go on the eyelids but if you can get yellow to work in any kind of makeup look then please let me know, I'm very curious.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home