Tuesday 28 April 2015

Browns!


I've been to Browns a few times but it's not been recent enough to have been featured on this blog, how exciting! In recent weeks I've shown places I've been to a lot so it's nice to share a new place and a different menu of food. Let's begin.

We skipped starters and went straight into mains where I had smoked haddock fishcakes and crispy fries. The fishcakes were super delicious, smokey from the haddock and with a good ratio of fish and potato. It came with a herby tatar sauce which I loved and it went well with both the fishcakes and the fries. Speaking of fries, these were insane! Full of flavour and really crispy which is exactly what I'm looking for. They came with ketchup and english mustard mayonnaise which was really nice as it gave the mayo something a little extra special. I'm not normally a big fan of the little side salad that usually comes with this kind of dish but I enjoyed having a little nibble of the leaves. The portion size was just right and afterwards I didn't feel like I was about to explode, which is the sign of a good meal.


For dessert I was looking for something a little lighter than what I normally go for, but there was nothing that I really fancied, so I went for the Cambridge burnt cream which was just a creme brûlée. The portion was quite big and although it tasted nice the dish was very shallow so the custard was thin whereas I prefer deeper dishes so I can a big spoonful. The custard was creamy and the top wasn't greasy which sometimes happens with this dish. My biggest disappointment was that the shortbread biscuits it said it came with weren't shortbreads but rather a floppy 'normal' biscuit. Overall I really enjoyed this meal and Browns is always a good outing so no doubt I'll be popping back in sometime soon.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home