Thursday 22 January 2015

Clash of the Concealers


This week in the 'face fights' series is the battle for the best concealer. I'm a huge fan of concealer and am constantly on the lookout to find the best one to cover up the suitcase sized bags I have under my eyes. The first concealer on the list is the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. The first time I tried this I was like 'No, not for me, too shiny' but then when I stopped using it as a cover up and used it as a highlight I quite liked it. How I use it is I put one of the other concealers under my eyes and then put a large triangle to the bottom of my nose and the top of my cheekbone to highlight a bit and it works fine. Next up is the Revlon Colorstay concealer which is possibly my biggest lifesaver. It makes my face glowy and awake and is really easy to use with the doe foot applicator. The formula is really creamy and gives high enough coverage to just about get rid of my dark circles, but on some days it's shiny tendency draws attention to them accidentally. The Seventeen Phwoarr Paint is my dark circle life saver. One swipe and they disappear and it is just insane! The downside of this concealer is that it sometimes separates on blemishes and makes me look like I have a skin disease, but tired eyes are a thing of the past. Last but not least is the Mac Pro Longwear concealer. The coverage is insane, it's my perfect colour and the texture is light but it gives a heavy coverage. The only problems are the price, little bit too steep, and the pump, why pump why do you dispense too much product! The winner of this debate is probably the Mac Pro Longwear concealer for the fact that it's a good all round product which stays put all day and the downsides in the grand scheme of things are that bad, although it is closely followed by the Revlon one as it is a good dupe.

L-R: Rimmel, Revlon, Mac, Seventeen

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home