Friday 4 August 2017

My favourite highlighters to make my face shine


In two years I've gone from having zero 'proper' highlighters to become an absolute shimmer fiend. 

When I started university I used a shimmery champagne eyeshadow as my highlight, as I didn't see the point in spending money on something if I already had something similar. Since then I've gathered a collection of highlights for every eventuality and I just love them. The first 'proper' highlighter I bought was the Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter in Aura. I went for this pink shade because I'm quite pale and thought this would be the best one for me. Looking back I should have got Sin, the champagne shade, as I suit warmer colours but it does still look nice. It's a very subtle highlight that catches the light nicely and shines purple. I imagine this would look amazing for a festival as a highlight underneath a tonne of glitter. Next up is The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer. This. Changed. My life. This will forever be one of my favourite highlighters. It's the perfect champagne, gold shade for my skin tone that never looks overdone. I take my fan brush, give it a swish and then slather it on the tops of my cheekbones. For the price - under £20 - you cannot go wrong, the pigment is amazing and it performs just as well as the one I'm going to mention in a minute. If this isn't already in your collection then go out and get it, now! My next highlight purchase is one that was totally hyped up and I lapped up that hype and put it in my basket. It's the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop. I bought this with my birthday money this year and I haven't looked back. It's intense, it's in your face but that's what it's meant to be. It looks better when I've had a tan as the shade is a little darker than my normal skin tone but I still love this. I am terrified of it breaking when I travel but so far the two cotton pads I've wedged inside it have done the trick (fingers crossed this continues). Last but not least, my most recent highlight purchase is the Tanya Burr Illuminating Powder in Champagne Sorbet. To read my full thoughts read this post but it's such a great everyday highlight that is in my current makeup stash. Good packaging, stunning colour and hard to overdo it. Lots of bang for you buck.

Any highlighters you think I need to try? Let me know!

L-R: Becca Champagne Pop | Tanya Burr Champagne Sorbet | The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer | Urban Decay Aura

L-R: Becca Champagne Pop | Tanya Burr Champagne Sorbet | The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer | Urban Decay Aura

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home