Wednesday 23 August 2017

My willpower is non-existent | Urban Decay Naked Heat First Impressions




It happened.

I have zero willpower, I will always give into the hype and I should never be trusted with more than £5 at a time. BUT I haven't been this excited about a set of eyeshadows in a long time, probably since I got my Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette. But we're not talking about that today, oh no, we're talking about the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. No doubt you all know what this is so I'm not going to bore you with the background all you need to know is I wasn't planning on getting it (well, not really), I bought it and I love it. Great packaging, sturdy, good sized mirror and an amazing shade selection, warm reds, just something totally different but still wearable.

I've tested it out for a couple of days so these are pretty much my first impressions of the palette. As I haven't given it a lot of testing yet I don't have any favourites so what I'm going to do is run through the shades and say if I love it, like it or take it or leave it.

Ounce | Like it. This is one that although I'm not gushing over I know for a fact that it'll be the most worn eyeshadow in this palette. A white with a bit of shimmer I'll probably use this all over my lid as a base and then as a brow bone and inner corner highlight.

Chaser | Like it. Another one that doesn't blow me away but I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of it. A light matte brown I'll use it in the crease day to day and as a transition shade on something more smokey.

Sauced | Love it. Similar to Chaser but a heck of a lot warmer this is such a different shade that I know I'll still get a lot of use out of. I'm excited to give this more of a test run.

Low Blow | Like it. Again I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this one, especially putting it through the crease and slapping on some winged liner, but it's quite a standard shade.

Lumbre | Like it. A gorgeous shimmer that will be great for something simple everyday I'm a big fan of this light warm toned pink that reflects rose gold. However, this is a more pinker version of Trick from the Naked 3 palette which I'm totally obsessed with so anything that resembles that shade will take a bit of beating.

He Devil | Take it or leave it. Not to say that I don't like it but this looks terrifying. I'm going to need to give this a trial because it's very warm and red and I'm going to have to concentrate to make it not look like I have an eye disease.

Dirty Talk | Love it. love it, love, love love! This swatch...I can't. Can we all just appreciate the warm shimmery amazingness that is this shade, thanks.

Scorched | Love it. Another stunning shade, very similar to the last one, just swatches like a dream. I'm so excited to give them a real try on my eyes but if I love the way they look no doubt I'll be posting on here about it.

Cayenne | Love it. This palette just keeps bringing these amazing mattes. I can tell this one is going to look great either with winged liner or in a seriously smokey eye.

En Fuego | Like it. A very autumnal cranberry colour I have nothing like this at the minute and it looks great but I just need to decide how I'm going to wear it - any tips?

Ashes | Love it. Autumn in a shade. If all of my clothes were this colour I would be one happy person. I'm thinking lower lash line goals so we shall see. I have high hopes for this one.

Ember | Love it. Look at this. Dark, shimmery, reflecting colours all over the place. Yes please put it on my eye thanks very much. Another one I may be too terrified to use on a regular basis but that swatch is so stunning I can't help but love it.

I may post an update in a few weeks about my actual favourite shades and what I've been gravitating towards but so far I'm in love with this palette and if you're not buying it because you're resisting the hype, don't. Let the hype consume you so you can feel the feels of the Naked Heat palette.

Do you have this palette? What are your favourite shades? 
(Please satisfy my nosiness I really would like to know)





Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home