Wednesday 16 August 2017

All that glitters | The best sparkle for your eyes


I love glitter. To the point where I'd happily shower in the stuff. I love a bit of sparkle on my eyes, I just think it looks great packed onto the lid with winged liner - dreams! Here are my favourites to get that shimmer on my eyes and staying on through a night in the club, day trip out or slowing round the house (just sometimes like to bring a bit of glamour to life).

First up is the Pop shade from the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette, my first dip in the 'sophisticated glitter' pool. This pressed pigment sort of powder transforms any eye look from standard to something a bit more smokey. It's a dirty gold shade with lots of glittery flecks in it so  when swiped across the lid it's subtle but pretty. I like to apply using my finger just before I use mascara and really build it up so it's super sparkly.

Next up are the Collection Glam Crystals. I first heard about these on Lucy and Lydia's channel and haven't really looked back since. I mean these are £2.99 and they're pretty incredible. Basically a glitter eyeliner with flecks of different colours in it, it works great over other eyeshadows and lasts all day because of the wet formula that dries right down. When I use these I really layer them up, like eight coats, so there's so much glitter is blinding, but they don't feel sticky or thick on my eye lids. I have the shades Dancing Queen, a pink with silver flecks, and Funk, a bright gold. Love them both, they look so cool, I especially love them under the eye - although word of warning, they can sting a little when really close to the eyeball.

Now the last one is my favourite of all the glitters. I haven't had it for very long but it's so amazing that I have to share it. The NYX Glitter in Copper and the NYX Glitter Primer are a beautiful combination. Now, unlike the others, you should really put this on first before the rest of your makeup otherwise it will end up all down your face, but once it's on it's on. I put an eyeshadow down first, Sonic from the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette is good - a pinky red. Then I take a bit of the glitter primer and dab it on the top using my finger. After that I take a brush and pack on the glitter. Like the other two I pack a lot on but it looks great and is like a true glitter. Love it.

What are your favourite glitter products?

(Also can we just take a minute to appreciate this Primark cushion. I'm in love)

Left to right: NYX Copper | Collection Dancing Queen | Collection Funk | Charlotte Tilbury Pop

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home