Thursday 3 December 2015

Three French Hens


I was rather excited to have a go at this look as I knew it was going to be a bit different. As with most of the looks I'll be doing in the upcoming weeks I googled what french hens actually look like. I don't know why but I assumed that they were all red but the ones I looked at were orange with a bit of red so there was a slight change of plan to what I was going to do, but not massively. Red eyeshadow scares me slightly but when I use it I like the way it looks on the lid and the way it makes my eyes look really blue. If I was to do this again I'd put liner on because I think it would finish off the look a little more but other than that I really like how this turned out!

As always I primed my eyes with the Mac Painterly Paint Pot and then got to work with the shadows. I took Lucky, a shimmery orange, from the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette all over the lid but leaving the inner corner clear for a lighter colour, I used Last Sin from the same palette. Now for the exciting part. My Kiko eyeshadow in 128 is what I used for the red in this look as it's a poppy colour red and matte which was great for using in the crease. I built the colour up as opposed to going straight in with the full colour so it didn't look I'd got punched in the face. I made sure I blended it out to the max as well and I think it was successful. I also look all three colours underneath and blended them out, keeping the red strictly to the outer corner. Finishing the look off with brown eyeliner for a softer look and used a lighter mascara to open up the eyes. I also lightly dabbed on my Clinique Lipstick in Poppy Pop to add a little bit more red (as if there wasn't already enough!). Love this look and I'll definitely be trying it again.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home