Tuesday 3 November 2015

Zizzi's (Take Two)


It's happening! Back to Nottingham means back to eating out and I LOVE eating out (in fact as I'm writing this I'm going to Nando's tomorrow, YES!). Hopefully there will be more Nottingham related food outings but as the bank balance is low there may be few and far between so have your fingers crossed that I win the lottery or come into some cash! Without further ado let's get into it.

I plumped for a calzone with chicken, ham and spinach in a creamy mushroom sauce. I was totally won over by the sauce on the menu as I fancied something soft and creamy and I wasn't disappointed. It was hard to cut at first as the edges on the bottom were crispier than the rest of the dough but this dish was a dream. The chicken was so moist and cooked beautifully and went really nicely with the creamy sauce. It was the perfect size and unusually the ratio of dough to filling was on point, normally there's much more dough. The only problem I found with this was that there was a lot of cheese inside, and I'm not a big fan of cheese, and sometimes that flavour was a little overwhelming and wet due to the sauce. But overall it's the best calzone I've ever had, I loved it.


I still had a little room left when it got to dessert so I went for the chocolate melt, which is basically exactly what it sounds like. It was sickly but in a good way. The portion size was perfect for something that packed quite a chocolate punch and the ice cream was a nice, cooling touch. The middle melted which is what it was meant to do and I'd happily have it again. I also had a cheeky try of the vanilla pannacotta and that was delicious so I may need to go back and have the full size of that.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home