Friday 16 March 2018

Dipping my feet in The Ordinary pool


I've been meaning to try out something from The Ordinary for a fair few months and recently I bit the bullet when I was looking for a new serum to test out. I'm very new to the world of oils and serums so I have no idea what I'm looking for, but I took to Beauty Bay and read all of the reviews for all of the oils and serums on offer to gage what might be the best for my skin. I always thought I had oily skin but other the last six months or so I've realised that although that might be true, my skin is also pretty dehydrated and I need products that hydrate my skin deep down but don't make it greasy. So, back to my purchase. After looking at all of the oils and serums from The Ordinary, I went for the 100% Plant-Derived Squaline. Warning: I have no idea what ingredient it is, what it's supposed to do and if it would be any good for everyone, but here's how it's worked on my skin.

When I first used it I was very surprised at how much of an oil it was. As I said, I have no idea what it is so I didn't know what to expect but I thought it was going to be more of a water than an oil. That being said, when I apply it to my skin (I use about four drops all over my face and down my neck) I can feel my face drinking it up. I usually apply this a couple of hours before my moisturiser to give it enough of a chance to sink in. It seems like a long time but I've noticed a major difference in my skin by doing that. Packaging wise it's in a standard 30ml bottle with a pipet (pipet? Is that right?) and a screw top lid. The only problem I've found with this is that the lid doesn't screw back on properly but seeing as though I have a spare mini bottle which I can use when I travel (not that I travel very often!) so it's not really much of an issue.

All in all this is a cracking oil/serum. For £5.50 it's an absolute steal and if you have dehydrated skin and are looking for something to plump it up I couldn't recommend it enough!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home