Friday 9 February 2018

Products I need to use more


Contrary to what my dad may think, I don't actually own that much makeup (she says looking at the overflowing drawer of products). But I am definitely guilty of owning really good, sometimes pricey, bits and pieces that I just never use because for one reason or another I just don't reach for them. So I thought I'd pick a few out from my stash in the hopes that it will revive my love for them - let's see how it goes.

Pretty much this time last year I made the splurge, and my very first and only Space NK purchase, and picked up the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Champagne Pop. Talk about giving into the hype. It's so stunning, even thinking about it gives me chills, but at the end of the day it is not my shade. Like at all. I am quite a pale human and this golden glow is definitely meant for someone with a bit more bronze and although I knew this when I bought it, I thought I could make it work. In the summer time I got a fair bit of use out of this but right now it's a total no go. What I should do though is use this as an eyeshadow because it's seriously shimmery, a great gold and would work amazingly on my lids. If I do this then I may not feel as guilty for having over £30 worth of highlighter sat gathering dust (the shame!).

The reason I don't use this next product as much as I should might be because I'm using it totally wrong - any advice would be gratefully received. Now, I have two Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks in two gorgeous shades but me and this formula are not the best of friends. I have Sexy Sienna and Super Cindy and although I have used a fair bit of them I can't get on board with this formula. I find it bitty and drying and it doesn't last very long on my lips for a product which is supposed to be matte. Now am I using it wrong, do I need to do a really thin layer or dab it on in a special motion. Someone please help me because I love these lipsticks, they weren't the cheapest, and I desperately want to make them work!

The next product I haven't used since my first application again partly because of fear and also some not so great reviews. The Maybelline Tattoo Brow seemed like such an amazing product when I first heard of it. A DIY brow tint that is so easy to use a dog could do it. I gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised with the results but when I started watching and reading other people's reviews it really put me off. The main issue people seem to have with it is that its too warm, bordering on orange, and although I didn't immediately look at my newly tinted brows and think they looked like wotsits but there was definitely a bit of heat going on. Since then I'm afraid that if I use it again I'll end up with orange eyebrows but I've used it and I know it won't. I just need to bite the bullet, get a grip and give this product another chance.

Another Charlotte Tilbury product that I don't give the time of the day is the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Bronzed Garnet. It's a stunning bronze-y eyeshadow pencil that lasts all day on my lids but I barely use it because I'm terrified it's going to dry up! I've heard stories of people not putting the lid on tight enough and the product drying out and becoming unusable and I really don't want that to happen. To the point where I actually stopped using it. Stupid, I know. I need to pull myself together and use this because it might not be drying out in my drawer but it's not living life to the full.

What's a product you think to you need to use more often?

L-R: Super Cindy | Bronzed Garnet | Champagne Pop


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home