Thursday 7 January 2016

The Beauty Lover Tag


Something a little bit different on the blog today, a tag. I spotted this one from Bloomin' Rouge when I was scrolling through Bloglovin' and thought it would be a fun one to do.

1. If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup, who would it be?

Seeing as though I have a recent obsession with Charlotte Tilbury I think I'd have to pick her to do my makeup. I feel like the smokey eye she'd do would be incredible, plus the thought of having her products on my face makes me excited!

2. What's your top makeup tip?

I'm all for the post it note/ masking tape trick for getting a sharp line when doing eye shadow. It's my night out smokey eye saviour and 9 times out of 10 I use it. Although it has made me realise that I have odd eyes because I have to really concentrate to make sure they're even, one eye has a much steeper slant than the other.

3. What one makeup item could you not live without?
Mascara. No question. Concealer comes a close second but living a life without mascara-ed up lashes is one that I don't want to think about. However I seem to be in a bit of a mascara rut and nothing I use is doing it for me, so any recommendations for mind blowing mascaras would be much appreciated.

4. What one skincare item could you not live without?

I don't think I couldn't live without micellar water. I love the feeling of taking makeup off my face at night and the cooling sensation of this in the morning is just what I need to wake me up. Cleanser comes a close second but the ease of micellar water meant that it came out on top. If you were wondering the Garnier Micellar Water is my one of choice and to me nothing has really come close to it.

5. What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup

Other than false eyelashes, which I'm terrible at but I'm also new to the eyelash application game, I am not great at applying blush. It goes either two ways, non existent or like an overdrawn circle on my cheeks. The brush I use isn't the best but then a good workman never blames his tools (I think that's the saying, maybe). Any blush application techniques would be much appreciated.

6. What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?

I think everyone's answer to this question is cleaning makeup brushes. It used to be mine too but I got this amazing brush cleaner for Christmas (it will make a blog appearance soon) and since then it's not been that much of an issue. Now my biggest pet peeve is the cleaning and upkeep of my flannels and muslin cloths. I don't know when to change them, I don't like washing them and it seems like within two days they get disgusting. I hate them but they're so great when I'm taking off my makeup!

7. What's your favourite makeup era?

I don't really have a favourite era but I'd love to be able to do and pull off the winged liner of the sixties. I always think it looks amazing in photos.

8. What's your guilty pleasure product?

Without a shadow of a doubt my guilty pleasure product has to be my Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel blackhead strips. There is nothing more satisfying than peeling these off my nose and then looking to see what was in your nose (disgusting I know but it's a guilty pleasure of mine).

9. What's your underdog product?

The Mac Painterly Paint Pot is probably my underdog product. I love it so much and think it has to be  one of the best eyeshadow primers out there, but it doesn't get as much of a mention as it should. I use it everyday and would be totally lost without it. Also I've had it for a year, used it everyday and have barely made a dint in it!

10. What's your favourite makeup product of 2015?

I think when it comes down to it, 2015 was the year of the winged liner for me so any of the L'Oreal Super Liner range. I wear liner almost every day now and I think it was down to these ones that made me love it so much as they make it so easy to apply.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home