Thursday 31 December 2015

My 2015 Favourites!


My favourite primer of the year has to be the Makeup Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer. I bought this when I was on holiday in Florida and it's the only primer I've used since. It's in between a silicone and a cream texture and makes my makeup stay all day and helps control shine. Foundation wise this year has been the year of L'Oreal. Although I have loved the True Match Foundation it's been all about the L'Oreal Infallible Matte 24 Hour Foundation. I know that I love this because I've bought it in a shade lighter for winter which I never normally do! I love the way that it's high coverage without feeling it and looks really good on the skin. It also deals well with my oiliness and lasts all day on my face. There have been a few concealer favourites this year but the Maybelline Eraser Eye came out on top with it's amazing coverage and lasting power on the skin. I discovered the Boujois Healthy Balance Powder this year and fell absolutely head over heels in love with it! Good coverage, not cakey and smells amazing. I don't think I'll ever change my powder, this is the one for me!

I discovered brow tinting this year which has been an amazing life saving and when my brows are in a pretty good shape all I need to use is the Maybelline Brow Drama and I use the shade medium brown. I've had this one for a very long time so I could probably do with a new one but I love the way that it distributes the perfect amount of product and doesn't leave my brows feeling hard and crispy. In terms of brow pencils there has been one absolute winner, the Soap and Glory Brow Archery Pencil. I have this in two shades, Blondeshell and Hot Chocolate, the latter being my favourite of the two. The nib is thin so is great for precise brow drawing and the colour is great. I couldn't imagine using any other brow pencil!

Eye primer wise I have used the Mac Painterly Paint Pot all year and nothing else. It matches my eyelids perfectly, neutralises veins and stops my eyeshadow from creasing. I've also used it pretty much everyday for an entire year and haven't made much of a dint in it. Palettes. This was a very hard category to choose a favourite but I have to say there is one clear winner and that is the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette. I've used this so much this year and have hit pan on several shadows, a tell tale sign that things must be going well! The right mix of neutral and party I can do a lot with this palette and it's great and compact. I use it so much that I've left it in my uni room and brought other palettes with me to convince myself to use something else!
Winged liner has become a big thing for me in the past 12 months and I now wear it pretty much everyday. Although I've tried three types of liners from the L'Oreal Super Liner range I can't pick a favourite. I've used the original, Superstar and Perfect Slim. All of them were amazing. If you're a regular reader of my blog then you'll know that the only eyeliners I use in my waterline are the Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajals, especially Jet Black. I've used these for years and they work really well and last for quite a good length of time, especially considering the price. I've had a very up and down year in the mascara department and I have to say that the start of 2015 was where the best mascaras were, and they were both magazine freebies. I enjoyed using the Benefit Roller Lash but my favourite was the Clinique High Impact Volume Mascara. It volumised, lengthened and was an all round amazing product. I never got round to repurchasing it but remembering how amazing it was makes me want to have it back in my life.

On New Years Eve 2014 I bought the Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer and I haven't looked back. It's an all round amazing product, especially since they updated the package, and I don't think that I could change back to another bronzer. Winter or Summer I get so much use from this product. I've never been one to have an extensive blush collection and this year hasn't changed that but I think I have found one that will keep me going for a very long time. When I was in America I picked up the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy and I absolutely love it. It's a warm pinky peach and it goes with all of my makeup looks, at the minute there really is no need for me to have another blush in my life, but we shall see what 2016 holds in that department. Things have been quiet on the highlighter front this year so there's nothing in that category, but if anyone has any recommendations that would be much appreciated.

This year has to have been the year where I got seriously into lip products. Before this year I owned a few, select products that were pretty much none existent on the  lips but I have really broadened my horizons. I could have chosen a lot of products to have been my overall favourite but I have to say that looking at them all there is one clear winner. That winner is Mac Kinda Sexy, which was kindly gifted to me by some pretty great friends for my birthday. It is my perfect nude, an amazing lipstick and gorgeously matte. It's my go to night out lipstick and works well with or without a lipliner. Simply amazing! 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home