Thursday 9 April 2015

Raving Red


It's time for the first splash of colour and in true rainbow style we'll start with red. Red is one of those colours that no one ever really uses on the eyes because it 99% of cases you look like you have some kind of disease. I wanted to have a go and see if I could create an eye look that made red a colour that doesn't look too scary.

After doing my standard face and brow routine, I got straight to work on the eyes. After priming my eyes with the Mac Painterly Paint Pot I used Heaven from the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette on the inner part of the lid and then Nudie from the same palette on the outer lid. Then I went straight in with the star of the show, my Kiko Eyeshadow in 138. Using a Mac 217 brush, but any fluffy brush will do, I lightly started to build this up in the crease. The reason I did it lightly was just in case it got a bit too heavy, this way I had more control. I made it so the colour winged out a little bit and once that was achieved I used Reign from the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette on the outer corner. This way the red was softened on the outside and didn't look as harsh. Now for the scariest part, taking it underneath. I just did this as normal, on a Mac 242 but this time I tried to keep it as close as I could to the lash line. Finishing it off with my Rimmel Brown Kohl Kajal and Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and that's the look done.

Personally I really like this look, it makes my eyes look really blue, and I think I got away with it without making my eyes look red and puffy. Trying this out makes me want to do it again, so you never know!




Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home