Monday 13 April 2015

My Skincare Routine


I've never done a skincare routine on my blog before which seems very strange seeing as though I'm VERY into it. If I haven't gone through each step of my routine I feel like something's missing on my face. This has been my routine for about nine months and I don't think that it's going to change for a very long time so let's jump into it!

In the morning the first thing I use is the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Cleanser. This just takes off any remaining grub that may still be on my face from the night before but also wakes me up a little bit (because those 9am starts are just not working for me at the minute). Next up is my beloved Seaweed Toner from The Body Shop. Until I found this my skin was just an oily mess but now it only starts to get a little greasy as the day goes on. This isn't stripping but it leaves my face feeling matte and clean. Then the Simple Revitalising Eye Roll-On comes out to play and is so soothing on the eyes that I just want to roll it on all the time! I also use the Simple Spot Roll-On which is similar to the eye one but is designed to tackle spots. It's not the best one I've ever used but it's not too bad, I'd rather have a tea tree one as I feel like that's better than tackling spots. Next up is my lip saviour; the Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub. This takes off the dead skin and leaves lips feeling soft, and tasting really delicious! While the scrub's on I use The Body Shop Absinthe Hand Cream. This has become a habit now and when I don't do it, I feel like there's something missing. After slathering on my Maybelline Baby Lips I use my Nivea Oil Free Day Moisturiser. I can feel this running out by the day which really makes me sad. It's moisturising without making my skin feel greasy and slippy and I don't feel too shiny later in the day, which some moisturisers tend to do. Moving onto night time and to take my makeup off I used to use the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish but I still need to repurchase so for now I'm just using The Garnier Micellar Water which does the job just as well but it takes a little bit more time. The only change to my routine at night is that I swap my moisturiser. I use the Vichy Night Detox which is the best night moisturiser I've ever used. It's thick but, again like most of these products, it doesn't make my skin oily and greasy. I'm going to be sad when this runs out and I may have to do a cheeky repurchase.

So that's my skincare routine. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know because as I said I'm in the market for a new 'makeup takeoff' cleanser so any suggestions would be greatly received!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home