Tuesday 3 February 2015

Harvester!


For a little pre exam week treat, once again me and 'the crew' took a food outing, oh how we love food. The plan was to go to The Slug and Lettuce but bad timing meant that it was having a refurb so off to the nearby Harvester it was, and was it a good choice! On a lunchtime they have a £9.99 menu where you get a main meal, refillable soft drink, salad and ice cream for just, you guessed it, £9.99. The menu wasn't too extensive but for a first time visit there were the essentials to choose from, burgers (chicken and beef), ribs and chicken. I went for the chicken burger as I fancied something 'hefty' and off to the salad bar we went. I'm more of a 'croutons and bacon bits' kind of girl so I didn't explore the lengths and depths of what they had to offer but by the looks of everyone else bowls there was a lot to choose from. When the burger came I was more than ready to dig in and I wasn't disappointed. It was nice and moist, tasty and just the right size. The chips were good too, to say I'm not the biggest fan. I ordered it to come with peppercorn sauce, as you choose which sauce you want with whatever meal, and that was so good I could just eat a pot of that on it's own. Overall the main was a huge success.

For dessert you can have a selected option of ice cream included in the deal price or for an extra £1 you can have any of the other sundaes on the menu. I went for the Rocky Horror, ice cream with warm brownie, right up my street. Covered in cream and chocolate bits I was all over this. The only problem was that because the ice cream was on top of the brownie it wasn't warm but it was still really tasty. I'd definitely recommend going and getting the meal as it's just too cheap to miss!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home