Tuesday 16 December 2014

Wintery Flavours



I love winter and I especially love winter food! I think it's the fact that its warming and comforting and the 'heavy' flavours come out that have been locked away for the past few months. Soups also come back into play which is great because sometimes there's nothing better than snuggling up with a tasty soup and crusty bread when it's freezing outside. My favourite flavour of soup in the winter time is butternut squash, especially when it's creamy. Last week I went for a meal at a Chef and brewer and I had what I think is a typical wintery meal. For main I had duck with a black cherry sauce, dauphinoise potatoes and savoy cabbage. The sauce made the meal taste really nice and warming and i'm a big fan of cabbage as a little accompaniment as I like the crunch. For dessert I had hazelnut profiteroles and they were delicious. Not too sickly and not too sweet, hazelnut is one of those flavours that is warming and a definite contrast to fruity summer flavours.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home