Tuesday 28 October 2014

Bill's!

Source
Last Friday I had a little family visit from my mum, auntie, grandma and grandad and because we are all little piggies we had the worlds biggest lunch, EVER! I've been to Bill's once before this when I visited my friend in Oxford this summer but we had afternoon tea and not an actual meal. The staff were really friendly and I love how it's decorated, really quirky and mismatched. 


To start, we all shared crispy lemon squid which had big shoes to fill after the ones I had last week at Bella Italia. i'm not kidding, there was enough food in one portion to feed four people. The rings were huge and there must have been about 10 of them! The batter was nice and crispy and the the garlic mayo dip was seriously good. The only problem I found with it was that the squid itself was quite chewy and it lacked a little bit of seasoning. I preferred the one I had last week at Bella Italia but you can't go wrong with the price and portion sizes, they are seriously insane!


As my main dish I had a chicken and chorizo burger which came with skinny fries. This was gorgeous! The chicken was moist and very flavoursome and the chorizo was beautiful and tasty. Everything went really well together and the sweet bun made it all sweet but not too sweet. Again the portion size was absolutely massive for the price and the chip tasted more than chips, they were nicely seasoned and a little sweet which I liked.


I just had to have a dessert after the first two courses as they were both so good and I needed to see if it matched up. i had the warm chocolate brownie with milk ice cream. the texture of the brownie was very nice, soft but with a slight crunch on the outside. The flavour wasn't really there in the brownie but the chocolate sauce had so much it was unbelievable! One drop had so much chocolate flavour. I think that the next time I go back I might try the mini doughnuts!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home