Monday 18 May 2015

Newbie's Guide to Brights


As you'll know if you've read this blog before that I really shy away when it comes to bright lip colours. To try and get more out of my comfort zone I've been experimenting with different colours and if you're like me and want to test the waters in the bright lip pool then look no further than this handy little guide.

The Entry Level Bright- The first ever lipstick I bought last year was the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 28. I have no idea why I went for such a bright, bubblegum pink but I wore it everyday for three months until I bought my first nude. It's like a matte finish but not so drying and with a bit of a shine and can be worn bold or just patted onto the lips. I've chosen this as an entry level option for the fact that the shade of pink and the different options to wear it bold or not means that you can really test it out and see if bright lips are for you.

The Option For Bold- This Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Tutti Fruitti is one of the best lip formulas to produce a bold lip. The fact that this colour is orange makes it different from the standard nude or pink but isn't as harsh as a red. Like the Kate Moss lipstick, it's easily build able, even more so, and the glossy finish means it's easy to wear and not scary to someone who is still a nude lover.

The Bold Nude- This is my most recent purchase in the lip department and I've fallen in love. I chose it as a spring colour and I feel that although it is quite a dark peachy pink, it's still not too over whelming for us newbies. It applies very opaque and has a really good staying power on the lips but isn't uncomfortable to wear. It transfers as very bright and pink on the lips but still doesn't look too in your face and more soft, I really like it and I've been wearing it a lot recently.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home