Thursday 14 May 2015

Inky Indigo



This is one of my favourite makeup looks, especially if I'm going for cocktails or a meal as it's smokey but isn't a full on smokey eye. I started wearing this eyeshadow combo after becoming obsessed with Pretty Little Liars and particularly Hanna Marin or Ashley Benson. She wears dark eyes but the dark colours are only on the lash line as apposed to all over the lid. I was going to do this look last week for the blue colour but when I realised that I don't know how to distinguish between blue and indigo I thought I'd do the darker blue look this week.

I started off, of course, by priming my eyes with the Mac Painterly Paint Pot and used Heaven from my Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette all over the lid. I then went in Cashmere Bunny, a matte light brown, to darken up the crease in a soft way so that it gives more depth in the eye instead of just leaving it plain. Starting on the blue I took Freeze from the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette and swept it close to the lash line using an angled brush, then blending it further into the eye with a fluffy brush. I then went over it with Heroine from the same palette very close to the lash line and smoking it out a little but not so much and so that you could still see Freeze underneath. Then I went underneath with Heroine, smoking it out and finished it off by lining my water and tight line with the Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Jet Black and used lashings of the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara.

I love this look, I think it's a nice way of doing a different smokey eye and not letting it become too dark. Let me know if you try this one out, I'd love to see a different take on it.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home