Wednesday 27 June 2018

One week with HD Brows Eyeshadow Palette


The second in my 'One week with...' series is HD Brows Eyeshadow Palette in Foxy. I got this little beauty in my Look Fantastic Advent Calendar at Christmas and although I've used it a couple of times I have never given it a proper rod test so I wanted to spend the week giving it a go to see what I thought of it. There are five shades which are all golds and warm toned browns in a sturdy (but maybe kind of chunky) black packaging with a mirror. The shades are:

Bare - A matte warm toned cream
Golden - A shimmery gold
Honey - A matte light brown
Bronze - A shimmery mid toned brown
Truffle - A cool toned shimmery brown

Now I really like this palette. The shades are totally up my street, golds and browns, and because there are only five it's really easy to decide which ones to use. I love a palette with a cream shade because that's what I use as a base to blend out and to highlight my brow bone (some people like a matte black but I need that highlight). Side note: I love the brush in this palette. A fluffy brush that is a bit too small to blend but is good for applying shades onto the lid and a tiny angled, dense brush which is amazing for the brows and to put a little something something on the lash line. This is the perfect everyday palette for me, I can put Bare all over the lid, Honey in the crease and Bronze in the outer corners and that's me done. I also love that I can use Honey in my brows as it is a great cool toned brown that just beefs them up a little bit.

But, what I love about this palette is also its downfall. The fact it's so easy to wear day to day means that if I want to do something a bit more smokey means it's quite difficult. The shadows aren't the most pigmented so when you want to do something deep it takes four times as long as it would take something like the Naked Palette to do. I tried to do a smokey eye a couple of times over the week and although I liked the look, I wouldn't use it for a night out or an occasion where I would usually go really dark on the eyes. That is the only complaint I have with this though - it really is a special little palette and I'm glad I've taken this week to really test it out because I'd love to start using it more often!

Have you tried this palette? Did you like it?


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home