Friday 8 June 2018

The products that have 'saved' my skin


I've been getting more and more into skincare recently, any post that pops up on my Bloglovin feed that is about moisturisers, toners and summer skincare I've been there! Since the start of the year I've been trying to get my skin into a better place. It's never been totally horrendous but there have been times where every time I woke up there was a new spot that took FOREVER to leave. So after researching various products and giving my skincare a bit of a shakeup I'm finally in a place where I'm happy with things! So I thought I'd share the products which I feel have helped my skin get to where it is in a big way.

Let's start off with the product that got the ball rolling, a serious serum. I've been using The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane for the past three months and it's been doing wonders for my dehydrated skin.  I think that having a product that gets right down into the skin and hydrate the heck out of it. I use this every night after I've taken my makeup off and put some eye cream on. I leave it in to sink in for a couple of hours (it's quite thick and oily so needs a long time to sink in) and then go in with some moisturiser for an extra moisture boost.

Mask wise there are two that I think are essential for me to keep my skin in check. The first is the Epoch Glacial Mud Mask, something that works wonders when I'm having a bit of a moment and can feel a load of spots coming. It does a great job at pulling all the badness out but not sucking my skin of all life and moisture. I try to use this once a week, especially when I feel a bit meh. It can be a bit messy but it definitely gets the job done and is the best detoxifying type mask I've tried. On the other end of the mask scale is the Glossier Moisturising Moon Mask. This thick cream is so intensely moisturising that you can feel it working for the 20 minutes it's on. If my skin is textured then this is my go-to. Together these are the dream team and can combat pretty much any issue I'm having.

Last but not least is the Glossier Invisible Shield Daily Sunscreen. Despite hearing "wearing an SPF daily is super important" I've never really paid attention to that (slaps wrist). BUT I do think that this has made a massive difference to my skin because since I've been using it my face has been pretty good. It's so lightweight and now I'm in the routine of putting it on everyday, it doesn't feel like a chore. As I said, I think this has made a big difference to the way my skin is acting nowadays and I will now continue to wear SPF everyday, promise!

What are you go-to skincare products?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home